Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Getting Started


Since I'm a little late starting this, I guess I'll catch everyone up to speed on the last two months. As many of you know, our lives changed dramatically about eight weeks ago with the birth of our daughter, Anna Claire Goodier. She was 8 lbs, 2 oz and 20 inches ... I can't tell you how excited we both were with her arrival. I must admit that I was a little nervous during the whole week leading up to the delivery, but it proved to be an amazing experience... more incredible than either of us anticipated. Now little Anna is home with us and doing wonderfully. She still wakes up 2-3 times during the night ... but she's so darn cute that neither of us mind! She eats every 2-2 1/2 hours and it's really starting to show (her rolls are multiplying... and I think she's starting to develop little cankles!). She enjoys staring at lights, shadows and ceiling fans, listening to sounds and watching the birdies outdoors, and long walks around the house. She's smiling a little more every day and I think we've even established that she's a bit ticklish.
Since Anna's birth, she has been through 2 hurricane scares, a number of LSU and Saints games and her christening... all of which she has enjoyed thoroughly!
She's made appearances in Metairie, Slidell and Baton Rouge, visiting her Gigi, Mimi, and Grandpa's Bert and Joe... all of which she loves dearly!
Since I've been back at work, she's spends her days visiting with her Mimi Claire and has adjusted quite well! She's even met her Mimi's other grandchildren, Kylie and Kennedy ("Dede")... Dede probably makes her smile the most... we can't wait until Anna is old enough to play with both of them!

We're all looking forward to the Holidays and will keep you updated on all of our little outings until then! Above are some pictures of the past few month for you to enjoy until our next post!

1 comment:

Aunt Pammie said...

Thisis the best idea EVER! Thanks for doing this. Katie and Pam talk about Young Anna daily and this will help us keep up with her. She is AMAZING! Our only suggestion is to add her big sis Beyla to the pix.